FOTIS MINI – 5 Desember 2010
TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB
Two Door Cinema Club are an alternative electropop band from Bangor and Donaghadee, Co. Down, Northern Ireland formed in 2007. They are signed to French record label Kitsuné Music, through which they released their debut album, Tourist History on 1 March 2010.
Trimble and Halliday first met whilst attending Bangor Grammar School. They met Baird when he was trying to ‘get with’ girls they knew. The band’s name came about after one of the members mispronounced the name of local cinema Tudor Cinema, and this stuck. In 2007, Two Door Cinema Club was formed, and following an increased interest in their music on their MySpace page, they gave up their university places and began work on studio material. An EP “Four Words To Stand On” was released in January 2009 and was positively received by critics. A number of music blogs featured articles about the band and their popularity increased In July 2009, Two Door Cinema Club began recording their debut album at Eastcote Studios in London with Eliot James. In September, the band began mixing the record with Phillipe Zdar at Motorbass, his studio in Paris.
In December 2009, Two Door Cinema Club were featured in the BBC’s Sound Of 2010 Poll, which was decided by 165 British “tastemakers”.
In January 2010, Two Door Cinema Club announced the track listing and details of their debut album in an interview with NME. It was released on 26 February 2010 in the Republic of Ireland and on 1 March 2010 in the UK. The album, entitled Tourist History, was released in the USA on 27 April 2010. The album was preceded by the singles “Something Good Can Work”, “I Can Talk” and “Undercover Martyn” of which “Something Good Can Work” and “Undercover Martyn” featured on television advertisements for Vodafone and Meteor. “I Can Talk” is featured on the soundtrack of FIFA 11 & the NBA 2K11 soundtrack.
On 25 November 2010, the track “What You Know” was released as a free download on Tap Tap Revenge 3.
- “Something Good Can Work” is the song used in the 2010 Ad Campaign of French Bank Crédit Agricole.
- “Do You Want It All” is the song used in the 2010 Advert for the Sky Sports Package.
- “What You Know” is the song used in the 2010 advertisement for MTV’s new show “World of Jenks”.
- “Undercover Martyn” was used in the vodafone ad campaign on RTE during the 2010 world cup, additionally it was used in the soundtrack for Gran Turismo 5
- “I Can Talk” and “Something Good Can Work” have been used in several BBC3 advertisements
- “Come Back Home (Instrumental)” was used on The World’s Strictest Parents – Series 3 – Episode 6.
Origin: Bangor/Donaghadee, Northern Ireland
Genres: Alternative rock, Electropop, Indie pop
Years active: 2007-present
Labels: Kitsuné Music (Europe), Glassnote Records (U.S.)
Website: Official website | MySpace
Members: Alex Trimble, Kevin Baird, Sam Halliday
1 March 2010
iTunes Festival: London 2010
7 July 2010
Tourist History (Deluxe)
11 October 2010